Friday, April 10, 2020

Going Pro: Staying Home, Staying Safe - Episode 9


Welcome to Episode 9 of the Going Pro series. I wish I was able to just jump on here and say how great things are (and for the most part, I've tried to keep this video as upbeat and fun as possible) but our current reality is that there are much bigger issues than my little journey right now. The entire planet (or almost all of it) is under siege by the Novel Coronavirus-19. Schools, parks, golf courses and anything that has been deemed "non-essential" has been closed in Washington State. Needless to say, for an aspiring golf professional, it's a tough time to make any progress towards that end goal.

Still, I'm doing what I can under the circumstances to keep things sharp for when I am able to return to the course. From indoor putting with my PuttOut Golf trainer to some full swing work on my new back yard driving range, I'm trying my best to keep my game as sharp as possible and still meet the social needs of my family while we are all staying safe at home. That brings me to the next part of the "Stay Home - Stay Safe" order in Washington. Originally, the order was issued March 23rd and was to last for two weeks. That would have put everything back on track by the second week of April. Unfortunately, the spread of the virus didn't slow to the extent they thought it would and the order was extended to May 4th. Staying safe is obviously the most important thing right now, and is far more important than any part of my PGA Journey, so I understand the caution and appreciate the situation far more than you can even imagine.

Still, that May 4th date falls almost 2 weeks after the April 22nd date of my next PAT attempt, which now, has been cancelled. I'm hopeful that things are returning to a more normal state by the next date on the calendar which is May 25th. Other than that, I hope all of you are staying safe and wish you all good health for yourselves and your families. We will make it through this and we will see everyone back on the course as soon as it is safe to be there. Until then, hopefully I can make some decent stuff to keep you all entertained a bit.

7x7 Hitting Net (same style, but not same brand)
Three Grass "Turf Mat" (better deal thank I got - indoor/outdoor mat)
Used Titleist Golf Balls

No comments:

Post a Comment