Thursday, December 14, 2017

New Year–New Shoes: Skechers Go Golf Elite V.3

IMAG1336
If there is one thing that I despise shopping for, it would be golf shoes. They are a necessary part of the game, but who wants to spend $250 on a pair of shoes that will get worn for a few hours a month. Of course, then there is the bargain basement models that feel like strapping boards to your feet. Again, not a great deal for me either. Then there’s the ‘clearance colors’ or the off sizes that might just be close enough to fitting correctly to play in, right? Yep, back to those $200+ models again. Oh, but you can save $40 on that pair if you order them online. Unfortunately, if they don’t fit just right, you can often spend $20 or more of that of that sending them back. I’ll admit to it, buying feet coverings for myself is one of the worst experiences around – and that’s putting it lightly.
Last weekend, we were out and about at a local “outlet mall” and I stopped into the Taylor Made/Adidas store to check to see if they had any killer deals that I couldn’t live without. My wife asked if they had, “My shoes,” as was trying to come up with a ‘last minute’ gift idea to finish her Christmas shopping. After checking the store out, and finding a few great deals, I didn’t see anything in the shoe department that really made me swoon, much less something that would become, “My shoes.” She seemed pretty determined to make that my Christmas present, so we went down the road to our ‘local’ golf store, about 40 minutes away. I tried on various shoes, only to find that the sub $100 models returned me to my “feels like a board” thought and hesitated looking at some of the higher priced shoes. Even looking at those, very few of the $250 models came in wider widths.
IMAG1335
After looking over the options, I settled on trying on a pair of Skechers Go Golf Elite 2 in a normal width as they did not have them in a wide. It was nice since they were on sale for $69.95, which is a decent price for a decent shoe. Unfortunately, my toes only made it in to the shoe as this style definitely ran narrow. I asked about wider styles and the gentleman at the store pointed out the Elite V.3 style that was available in a wider model. I asked if I was lucky enough for them to have one of those in my size and he said he would check. A few minutes later, he back back with my size and a half size up. I tried on the ‘correct size’ first, but was surprised to feel the end of the shoe with my toes. I went up a the half size hoping that it would be the one that my foot actually fit into. As I slipped them out of the box and on to my foot, I began to understand that not all golf shoes have to be expensive to be comfortable.
The Skechers Go Golf Elite v.3 is the first, non-sale, sub $100 golf shoe that I have felt is worth paying full price for. The arch has excellent support, and the shoe feels extremely solid, while maintaining a lighter weight. If you are in the market for an amazing shoe, head on over to your local store and give Skechers a try. I was shocked that a ‘newbie’ in the golf industry could make a shoe that felt better than Adidas, Nike, Foot Joy and the other big names, but when all you make is shoes, maybe you pay a bit more attention to the details than some. You can hit the Amazon Link here - http://amzn.to/2yuaxc4 – to purchase them online if you don’t have access to a store to try them out with and support this blog at the same time.

More information on the Skechers Go Golf Elite V.3 is available here - https://www.skechers.com/en-us/style/54523/skechers-go-golf-elite-v-3/bbk

No comments:

Post a Comment