Monday, November 21, 2016

Equipment Deals: What I Want Under My Tree

IMAG1494

With Black Friday coming up, the golf deals will be EVERYWHERE this week. Instead of my usual – found this great deal for you post this week, I decided to post what I am most looking forward to finding under my tree this year. Without much fanfare, here’s my top 5 gifts that I hope to find under my tree!

image

Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G Grip Kit ($70.43) – As much as I love wearing the Wilson Staff branding on my FG Tour 100’s, the Lamkin Crossline grips that are on them are not my favorite grip ever. In fact, a set of tour wraps out does them every day of the week. This 13 grip kit comes with everything you would need to regrip a full set, minus the putter.

image

Putt-A-Bout Grassroots Par Three Putting Green ($36.49) – When those cold nights start at 4:00, there’s not much of a chance to sneak out for some putting practice. The Putt-A-Bout seems to be the best value green for the money as it offers a minimal incline to the cup without being so flimsy that it wants to lift off the ground.

image


Wilson Staff Caddie Tour Towel ($19.99 + shipping) – If you haven’t figured it out yet, I’m a bit of a Wilson Staff fan. Sure, I can carry an entire Wilson Staff bag, but something is missing without the towel. So, Wilson guys, if you’re reading this today, I know my wife isn’t putting this one under the tree…

image

Wilson Staff Pro Tour Golf Umbrella ($44.73) – Do you see the size of that logo! So, I play a ton in the rain during the winter. My black and white old school Wilson Staff umbrella is being held together by fishing line and some interesting stitching. It’s time for a new one and this would definitely be the one to get. Plus, the red color will match my bag beautifully!

image

Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 Utility 2 Iron – Stiff ($99.96) – So, not that I know for sure that I want to go down this route, but I need to find a more reliable fairway club with a bit more distance than my 3 iron. I tried the 3 wood once again this year and frankly, 20 years later, I still can’t hit a fairway wood as well as my 3 iron. The 18 degree loft of the V4 Utility Iron puts it in the perfect spot to fill the gap and the extra forgiveness of the hollowed cavity back iron should increase the ease of finding some of those tighter fairways. At least that’s the plan.

imageIMG_20161028_123129

And at the completely obscene level of crazy (if those Wilson guys are still reading this – Hi Mr. Clarke!) would be a lovely Wilson Staff Tour Bag (with my name on it of course) loaded up with a lovely set of the new (coming January 9, 2017) Wilson Staff V6 Tour Irons. I mean, if I’m going to ask for the impossible, why not make it a good one right? Oh and again, if the guys at Wilson are reading this, remember, if the Triton wins Driver Vs. Driver, make sure you toss a head in the ball pocket for me. I’m only slightly kidding about this one, I mean, I love my Tour 100 irons and my F5 driver, but who wouldn’t take this if it showed up under the tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment