Monday, March 12, 2018

Golf Fitness: Journey To 100–Week 5

IMAG2712

So this week began with a stunning weigh-in after our escapades at the Spotlight Dance Competition in Tacoma last weekend. After being horrible at the Olive Garden on Saturday evening, my Monday weigh-in had me pinned back at 299 pounds, up 3.8 pounds from my low for the week. Needless to say, I was back at it this week, though I failed to hit the exercise bike like I was hoping. Monday was a typical day on the diet, but I missed my Tuesday weigh-in for some reason. I’m not sure what happened there, but I’m sure it was pretty small. I did manage a 1.2 pound drop on my Wednesday weigh in and followed that with another 1.2 pounds on Thursday. Slowly but surely it’s getting back to that “pre-Olive Garden” weight. With some careful watching, I should pass that magical 295 pound mark on Saturday if I can continue this pace.

Well, Saturday came and went, but the 295 barrier was just out of reach. I woke up Saturday to a 295.6 weight, which wasn't a bad thing as the small losses continued. Unfortunately, Saturday got worse as we were at yet another dance competition. I had packed all the right foods, and had all the right intentions, but somehow I ended up eating pulled pork mac n' cheese and chili fries for lunch/dinner. I'm still not sure how I let that happen, but it did, and I'm sure I was up horribly on Sunday. 

Fortunately, by Monday I was coming in at 297.6, or down 1.4 pounds for the week, even after my horrible Saturday. That puts me just ahead of last Tuesday's weigh in where I was struggling with recovering from the Olive Garden incident of 2018. I think I'm closer to getting this "eating out thing" figured out on the weekends, but I need to make a better effort to stay away from pasta/bread/carbs when we are out and about. I also need to watch the sodium levels of what I'm taking in on the run. If I can master these weekends (and fortunately we have no competitions until May now) I think I will drop a consistent 3-5 pounds a week going forward. I'm hoping to drop to 270 by the first of May. It's an aggressive goal, but it's going to be worth it.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment