Monday, March 26, 2018

Golf Fitness: Journey To 100–Week 7

IMAG2878

I'm not going to sugar coat this week... It was good, then it was bad. I started out the week with a Monday weigh-in at 291.2, or 33.8 pounds from the old starting point. Which was my first week with the new scale that actually seems to work correctly. It's good to be consistent when you're trying to monitor things like weight, so I try not to change too much when I do my weigh-ins. The scale however, was a needed change. So, getting back to that whole "good" thing that I was talking about, The week went pretty smooth. Like I said, Monday coming in at 291.2 wasn't a great number, but it was far from terrible. I made my food plan for the week and started off my execution of said plan with a trip to the store for some bags of frozen vegetables and some lunch meats. I have a feeling that I could probably speed this process along by getting lower sodium meats (which would be healthier for other reasons as well, but for now, the lunch meats are a decent quality and they fit my food budget better than some of the other options that are out there. As I began week 7, things were looking good. Tuesday's weigh-in came in at 289.2 pounds, down 2 from Monday. Wednesday, I was down another .4 pounds. Thursday, I missed my weigh-in somehow? Not sure what happened there, but one day missing is not a big deal - unless I was up a pound on Friday! Saturday I was back down 1.6 pounds to 288. Then, the weekend took over.

I won’t highlight too much of the week leading up to Saturday as Monday was a great day. I took in 1001 calories and lost two pounds right out of the gate. Tuesday was another great food day, coming in at 1296 calories and a loss of .4 pounds. I’m not sure how Wednesday went as I forgot to weigh-in Thursday morning, but based on Friday’s gain of .8 pounds, I’m assuming it was a bad day. Saturday I had dropped down to 288 with a great 1035 calorie day on Friday, but then the weekend struck again. Saturday was a bit calorie heavy, especially in the evening. Sunday was even worse… All things said, Monday left me at 291 pounds, or a loss of .2 pounds for the week.

I was a bit bummed that so much work went into the week only to be destroyed in two little days, but that is the game that is being played. It takes 100% commitment to stay on track with a weight loss program and any variation from it can be pretty crushing to the momentum. I’ll keep on keeping on though and try and get a bit more aggressive on the weekends about what I’m eating and also about keeping my activity level up. We have one more week until vacation hits, so taking only good snacks along with me should help for that. Wish me luck as I hit my last few weeks before tournament season starts! It’s going to be nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment