Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Stroke Saver: Setting Goals For 2017


With the new year should come some goals for your upcoming year. Whether they are to have more fun playing or enter your first competition, goals are important to keeping yourself motivated in everything. Starting out a season with obtainable goals will help you make the most of every practice session and round you have this year. When you are working towards a goal, anything is possible.
For example, I started off the season last year just thinking of getting my game in decent enough shape not to embarrass myself when I played a round with my dad. Little did I know that it would turn into a journey to lower my handicap to scratch this year. In fact, even now, I still shake my head at the thought of how this last season progressed. From dusting off the old Wilson Fluid Feels to virtually replacing my bag, the 2017 season will be an interesting one to say the least. I hope you're as excites about it as I am, and hopefully this can be the beginning of you setting some great goals.

When setting these goals, take stock of your game. See where you can capitalize, and where you can use some improvements. From setting a goal of making 30 putts a round to hitting every fairway, there is something that the average golfer can do, and something that you should be doing to make the game more fun. Even if your goal is as simple as hitting more greens inside 100 yards or even just hitting your driver 150 yards, setting out your sights on the first set of targets will be something that will help you drop strokes from your scores well before you hit the course for the first time this season.

I would love to hear some of your goals in the comments below, so get posting or email them to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment