Sunday, January 1, 2017

The Journey To Scratch: Welcome To 2017…

G4LNewYears

As the old year ends and the new begins, I find myself wanting to eliminate some of the outside distractions that may take away from me enjoying golf this season. Instead of continuing to publish multiple blogs, I’m dialing back to focus on this one. Instead of worrying about content for videos and reviews, I’m going to talk more about my progress towards my goals this year, in both word and video. Most of all, I’m going to reach my goal this season of finally reaching a zero handicap – and doing so while playing the Championship Tees.

I’ve spent the last few weeks looking at my blog, seeing that I’ve spent more time trying to get things to review than I have actually writing about golf. I’ve spent more time worrying about what people would think of my YouTube Channel than why I would want to have one. Wondering if I should live blog rounds, instead of really looking at the fact that if you are playing a competitive round, a camera should be nowhere in sight. It’s been a great month to get refocused and ready for 2017 and all its challenges.

So, as soon as the weather cooperates, I’ll be hitting the course again. We’ve had 2 very minor snow falls and one decent one that made playing a December round a bit difficult, and of course, without the rounds coming in, I haven’t had a chance to do much in the way of instructional thoughts since I have just been doing the same old drills at home. As I write this, I’m updating my January publishing schedule which will be rotating back to a Tuesday Stroke Saver and Friday Budget Buster setup through March. The equipment deals section will take a back seat during the off season since much of the new gear coming out won’t be deals, but new stuff. While I love new toys, they really do make golf much more expensive for the average player than it needs to be. For now, I’ll keep my eyes out for Budget Buster deals on gear, but the Equipment Deals/Reviews will be going to the way side.

I’ll also keep everyone up to date on my handicap movement, though (and I need to verify the date) I don’t think I can post again until March or April at this point in time. I will also be making a final decision on the tournament schedule that I will be trying to land this summer as well. I would like to get my Men’s Club decision made soon as well. The hard part is staying local is more expensive, but going farther is more time consuming – it’s a tough choice to make. Anyway, these decisions will be made soon enough and you’ll be the first to know about them once I make them.

For now, welcome in 2017 and I hope you are setting your season goals right now. I know it’s always easier to track your progress once you have a target to shoot at, so make those goals and get ready for an amazing year.

No comments:

Post a Comment